Ralph Venning was so right when he mentioned that beauty was but skin deep. It is not a matter of surprise therefore, that beauty care has often been synonymous with skin maintenance and care. However, when it comes to the highly sensitive dry skin, beauty regimes require a much higher dimensions of attention and consideration.
A low percentage of sebum content in the skin makes it look parched and dry. Inability of the skin to retain moisture leaves a dry, chapped and dehydrated look, that feels uncomfortable and “tight” after each wash.
Dry skin, which is generally induced by temperature extremes, air-conditioning, dehumidifiers and wind, looks extremely dull and flaky and requires loads of regular moisturizing and care.
How to Care For Dry Skin
Causes for Dry Skin
• The oil glands failing to provide the requisite lubrication to the skin.
• Exposure to harsh natural elements and environmental factors such as bitter cold or dry winds in winters, direct exposure to the sun and low humidity levels in the atmosphere.
• The genetic constitution of the skin may lead to dryness too.
• Deficiency of important vitamins, poor diet and lack of nutritive value in intakes.
• Dermatitis, psoriasis, diabetes, seborrhea, underactive thyroid and dermatitis are certain ailments that lead to the dryness of the skin.
Taking Care of Dry Skin
It is very important to completely avoid using hot water if you have dry skin. If possible, use mineral water rather than ordinary tap water while cleansing, to avoid the accumulation of dry deposits on the surface of the skin. A spray of soft water followed by a light pat with a soft textured cloth is very helpful as a regular freshening technique for dry skin.
It’s a known fact that dry skin requires a very gentle but thorough cleansing process. Regular oiling and application of good quantities of a moisturizer helps in retaining a moist and soft look on the outer surface of the skin after a wash.
Neutral PH and non alkaline based soaps and cleansers are advised by dermatologists and skin care specialists alike, for cleaning dry skin. Mild usage of baby oil or home made nourishing creams after a bath and before retiring for the day, helps in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles and the restoration of the suppleness of the skin.
Cleansing Dry Skin Every Morning
It’s a good idea to use the following combination 15 minutes before taking the morning shower on a daily basis for a rejuvenated and clean look.
1. A teaspoon of orange juice
2. Yolk of an egg
3. One teaspoon full of olive oil
4. A few drops of rose water and lime juice.
Applying a mixture of the above, in a regular manner, will surely help in the healthy maintenance of dry skin. Dry skin is a wake up call for ladies across the globe. Rejuvenating the dry skin with proper products can help bring back the natural moisture along with the misty feel and appearance.Easy Maintenance Of Dry Skin Helps Restore Natural Sheen,